So, peep it >>>
Top 5 things wrong in my field of vision right now ::
Now let me try to understand this: The Last Samurai is a quasi-historical movie about a dashing American solider (played by Tom Cruise) who joins the legion of the Samurai and becomes the best of the best. Subsequently, he becomes torn between performing his duty to his country (he's a Civil War P.O.W.) and the Bushido ("Code of the Samurai warrior").
Hmmm . . .?
Hollywood loves to tinker around with other people's cultural history just as long as it's not American history. Would the white establishment in Tinsel Town accept a script of a quasi-historical story about a Civil War solider named Ulysses S. Grant (played by Russell Crowe) who surrenders to a top-ranking African warrior (played by Denzel Washington)? Subsequently, the two fighters form a lifelong friendship that transcends warfare and race. The movie would be entitled The Last Confederate.
Hmmm . . .? I don't think so.
Nathaniel Jones was viciously beaten by police as they try to arrest him at a parking lot of a White Castle restaurant for disorderly conduct. While Mr. Jones was wrong for attacking one of the police officers, the night stick beating that Mr. Jones got was unjustifiable. And afterward, when authorities had Mr. Jones in custody, they never sought to get medical attention when Mr. Jones STOP BREATHING! Thankfully, all of this was caught on onvideotape, which you can watch it in its entirety right HERE.
There is probable cause here to say that these officers acted irresponsibly when arresting Nathaniel Jones. Legal action needs to be taken in this case, and it's needs to be decided by a jury of 12 on whether or not these officers were negligent. In addition, the police department needs to review their policy on subduing and arresting a hostile suspect.
I know the real throwback jerseys at Mitchell & Ness can set you back $300, but shame on a nigga who would buy a bootlegged throwback jersey. The other day, I bumped into a dealer and SHE showed me this nice O.J. Simpson throwback jersey for $150. At M&N, it would cost about $250. The brother behind me was like, "I want that shit!" and I basically step aside and watched the guy buy this jersey.
Throwback jerseys are an expensive clothing item that I can't understand why so many men buy. Yeah, they are fly as hell, but paying $300 for ONE jersey doesn't sit well with me, or my empty wallet. If I was a millionaire, and I had some dough to spend, I would probably a cop a few jerseys. I'm feeling these hockey jerseys though, especially this ONE.
Fox takes comedienne's Wanda Sykes eponymous sitcom, The Wanda Sykes Show, off the air. And by looking at some of the critics' reaction to Tracy Morgan's eponymous sitcom The Tracy Morgan Show, it's looks like he's will be next to get canned. C'mon people! Stop watching Friends and support out African-American sitcoms. And our Latino shows, as well: The George Lopez Show is the shiznit!
It amazes me how the editors and writers at The Sauce magazine continue to be led into this bullshit vendetta by Wackzino to destroy Eminem's credibility and image. Do the writers at The Sauce have any journalistic integrity? Or are the paychecks so fat every week that it's easy for the writers to turn their heads and let Wack-zino be a hack journalist for their magazine? They can't be serious with this shit.
Name four things you wished you had ::
• $1 million in the bank
• A spanking new house
• A brand new laptop
• Frequent Flyers Miles
Name four smells you love ::
• A woman's **ahem**
• Brand new crisp money
• Mom's cooking
Name four things you are thinking about:
• My work week
• My life
• My upcoming New Years' Weekend getaway to Mini-Apple
Name four things you did today ::
• Paid some bills
• Shovel Snow
Top 5 songs of the right now ::
This is a tight track from Musiq's new CD SoulStar. The neo-soulster is telling a story about a woman's life using the Monopoly board game as a metaphor for the song.
I think Ruben is a talented crooner and one of the better singers coming out of the American Idol series. But "Sorry 2004" is a bathetic ballad, one that all but the most sentimental listener will find overly dramatic and believable.
However, Ruben's CD, Soulful, does show that he has the potential to shine brightly among his R&B contemporaries. Unfortunately, you have to sift through the manufactured songs on the disc to find a gem or two. Ruben may be a shining star, but the songs on his disc are about as dull as a no.2 pencil after a SAT exam.
A hot banger from the Jaylib (beatmakers Jay Dee and Madlib) project, Champion Sound. Word to the mutha -- it's real out here!
TLC is gettin' crunk. Shake ya tailfeather!
Is this love? Say yes. I'm feeling this song from the soulful songbird. It's from her new CD Comfort Woman. If you haven't copped this disc, yet, then please stop frontin' and get this very romantic album.
Last thing you ::
• Did :: Write
• Read :: A book by author/music journalist/historian Mark Anthony Neal
• Watched on TV :: 11 o' clock news
Who do you want to ::
• Kill :: Ignorant, rich, racist white folks who ride the NJ Transit train from Trenton to New York and back
• Hear from :: My mini-apple sweetheart
• Look like :: If you are drunk and stupid, Los Angeles Lakers b-baller Shaquille O' Neal. If you're sober, Charles Barkley
• Be like :: I like myself
Last time ::
• Last song you heard :: Alicia Keys's piano-driven ballad "Diary" -- I love the song.
• Last movie you saw :: She's the One starring Ed Burns, Cameron Diaz and Parker Posey. It's a nice romantic flick.
• Last movie you saw on the big screen :: Tupac: Resurrection
• Last thing you had to drink :: Green Tea
• Last thing you ate :: Salad with fish sticks
• Last time you cried :: Journo thugs don't cried.
• Last time you smiled :: While talking to my mini-apple sweetheart
• Last time you laughed :: Saturday night -- I was washing Coming To the Stage on BET.
• Last time you danced :: Journo thugs don't dance.
• Last person you hugged :: I think myself. (??)
• Last thing you said :: "Bye, Baby."
• Last person you talked to online :: nobody
• Last thing you smelled :: My armpits
• Last car ride :: taxi cab
• Last CD played :: Alicia Keys -- The Diary Of Alicia Keys
• Last item bought :: toiletries
Albums playing on the regular right now ::