Baker's Dozen: My Broken Heart
December 20, 2004
Here are The Rules: You have to come up with twelve thoughts and one picture (totaling 13) to describe your weekend. Try using quotes, events, links to blog entries and websites, etc.
Romance is mush
Stifling those who strive
I'll live a lush life
In some small dive
And there I'll be
While I rot with the rest
Of those whose lives are lonely, too . . .
-- John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman
"Lush Life" (taken from John Coltrane's "ballads" album, John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman)
01. My one-year relationship (or "friendship") with a woman was terminated last week. Nearly a week before Christmas, she decided to discard me for
another nigga personal reasons.
02. Apparently, I don't know how to "sustain" her.
03. So with that, does anyone know how to mend a broken heart during the holiday season?
04. And since I can't "sustain" a woman, I'm going to focus on two things that have sustained me in my life -- music and money.
05. So my motto for 2005: "Fuck love, let's get this money."
06. Yes, I'm upset and saddened by all of this.
07. John Coltrane's "ballads" album is my salvation right now. Thank you, John. Please save my soul. (Favorite song: "Lush Life")
08. Meanwhile, my twin brother recently revealed to me that he has a new girlfriend. I'm glad at least one of us is going to have a merry Christmas.
09. My anticipated post of the "Top 10 Albums of 2004" will be a little late while I'll try to get my mind right.
10. In the meantime, please check out Bol's protest against Kanye West. His Mindset Army wants to ban the acclaimed beatmaker from the upcoming Grammy Awards because they feel he is a douche bag. Like Jay Smooth says, it's great media satire.
-- And while I support Kanye and his endeavors -- despite his character flaws -- I have to give props to Bol for his determination. Bol is the real deal, y'all. I'm not mad at cha.
11. Well, my Christmas shopping is almost done.
12. And I wish everyone a Happy Kwanzhannakamas!
Peace and God bless.
Cherish the one you love.