Baker's Dozen: The Blueprint
January 17, 2005
(From the Seattle Times/AP)
"I want to suggest some of the things that should begin your life's blueprint. Number one in your life's blueprint, should be a deep belief in your own dignity, your worth and your own somebodiness. Don't allow anybody to make you fell that you're nobody. Always feel that you count. Always feel that you have worth, and always feel that your life has ultimate significance."
"In your life's blueprint you must have as the basic principle the determination to achieve excellence in your various fields of endeavor. You're going to be deciding as the days, as the years unfold what you will do in life -- what your life's work will be. Set out to do it well."
-- Martin Luther King Jr. , "Your Life's Blueprint"
Here are THE RULES: You have to come up with twelve thoughts and one picture (totaling 13) to describe your weekend. Try using quotes, events, links to blog entries and websites, etc.
01. Tonight (Monday), you can catch me glued to my television set, watching Unforgiveable Blackness: The Rise and Fall of Jack Johnson on PBS. You should be too.
02. Also, as we celebrate/acknowledge Dr. Martin Luther King's dream, he should know that the struggle still continues. Racism will NEVER GO AWAY. So let's tolerate one another and more importantly, go out and accomplish your "Life's Blueprint."
03. Jamie DID and now his Eyes Is On the Prize: Oscar.
04. Peep blog/music scribe Kris Ex's thoughts on the legacy of MLK. Very Enlightening.
05. Blah, Blah, Blah,
06. Oh, I'm still penning my 2004 wrap-up. Yeah, I know -- I better wrap it up and just drop that sucka. I will, I will . . .
07. I'm also beaming that I got raise last week: Whoo-hoo! Fuck love, it's all about the cheddar. I'm still tippin', bitches!
08. I have to buy a new vaccum cleaner. Over the weekend, I had to sweep -- instead of vaccuming -- the carpet up with a broom. Has anyone ever swept up lint from their carpet with a broom?
09. Blah, Blah, Blah
10. Blah, Blah, Blah
11. In sports, Bird Bowl (aka Next Sunday's NFC Championship Game): Eagles V.S. the Falcons. Which bird is better? Go Eagles!!
12. Lastly, for those of you looking for brothers to get personal on their blogs, check out this Brotha2Brotha. He's a entertainment/TV writer who gets personal and also reports on industry. Start linking up!