THE RULES: The idea is to come up with twelve thoughts and one pic to describe your weekend. Try using quotes, events, blog entries, whatever. Post a link to your entry when you're done.
Background Info: It has been a sad week and a half for me, so let me give you the 411. The reason why I fell back from from blogging in the last week or so was because my hard drive in my ibook died and I lost everything -- and I mean everything! I lost my music, my word document files, my pictures, my video files -- everything. And I never bother to back up any of my files either. I totally had to start all over again. It has been an arduous weeklong process, but I'm back up and running. Below is a special Baker's Dozen to represent the week that I had trying to get back to normalcy.
01. "NOOOOO!" -- Me screaming when the tech lady told me that my hard drive is dead and that there was no way to recover all of the data that I had lost.
02. My word documents -- GONE!; 2,000-plus songs in my iTunes -- GONE!; My photos -- GONE!; My porn video clips -- GONE; Nude photos of big butt women -- GONE! NOOOOO!
03. One small ray of light: There are 350 songs left on my ipod nano. I would have to rebuild my music catalog from that.
04. Re-downloading 20 items -- including updated versions of Mac OS 10.9, Quicktime, iTunes 6, Microsoft Office, security patches and more -- took a full two days.
05. Importing 25 CDs -- including discs from Kanye West, Little Brother, Mint Condition, Faith Evans, Damien "Jr. Gong" Marley, John Legend and more -- took hours as well.
06. I spent $50 on downloads via iTunes including buying some, but not all, of the songs that I have lost when my hard drive died.
07. My current iTunes library is now at a paltry 500 songs. :-(
08. Major Tip: Whenever you can, back up ALL of your data. I've always wanted to do that, but kept putting it off. Don't put it off!
09. "I gotta stay fly I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I, until I die I-I-I-I-I-I-I . . . "
-- My favorite rap song right now
10. I'm 85 percent back to normalcy. Time to start blogging!
11. Thank God for the Apple warranty. I didn't have to pay a dime for repairs.
12. A big Thank You to the guys at Tekserve for the repairs and their quick service.
Remember, back up ALL of your data. DO IT NOW!